Fire is undoubtedly one of the biggest threats to personnel safety and public property. In recent years, there are more and more independent smoke detectors. However, due to the single function of independent smoke detectors, they can only issue sound and light alarms, which has certain limitations. With the maturity of NB-IOT technology across the country, new smart smoke sensor solutions are on the horizon.
Fire protection status
From January to August 2018, a total of 219,000 fires were reported across the country, 1,065 people were killed, 679 people were injured, and the verified direct property loss was 2.62 billion yuan. 24.7%. The main features are:
1. The number of major fires increased year-on-year, and major fires had a greater impact. The Beilong Hot Spring Leisure Hotel in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province caused a fire due to electrical reasons, killing 20 people and injuring 23 people. It is the fire with the largest number of casualties in the past three years.
2. The total number of urban fires is relatively large, and the probability of death in rural fires is relatively high. From the regional fire distribution, there were 7,342 fires in the city, 51 people were killed, 41 people were injured, and the direct property loss was 570 million yuan. There were 5,675 fires in rural townships, killing 39 people, injuring 14 people, and causing direct property losses of 510 million yuan.
3. The proportion of residential fires and the number of dead people is very large, and there are many dead people of the old and the young. Judging from the fires in different places, there were 6,604 residential fires and 56 deaths, accounting for 46.4% and 26.2% of the total, respectively. 5 of the 6 major fires occurred in residential buildings. From the basic situation of the deceased, 60 The elderly over the age of 34.4%, the minors under the age of 18 accounted for 26.7% of the total, and the old and the young accounted for 61.1% of the total.
In order to reduce the frequency of fires and reduce the harm caused by fires, according to the installation regulations for smoke sensors in my country's "Code for Design of Automatic Fire Alarm Systems GB50116-2013", each room should be equipped with at least one fire detector. However, the traditional smoke alarm itself has defects that need to be solved.
Disadvantages of traditional independent smoke
1. The large number of smoke detectors leads to network congestion, failure to report faults, and the installation of devices indoors leads to network instability.
2. At present, most of the independent smoke detectors on the market use 1.5V alkaline LR6 batteries, and the service life is generally about 3 years.
3. After the independent smoke detector detects the fire, it will issue an audible and visual alarm, and the audible alarm is greater than 80dB. The party cannot be sure to hear the alarm sound after falling asleep.
4. After the independent smoke detector is installed, the equipment may fall off or be damaged. It is impossible to know the status of the equipment in time, and it is impossible to guarantee the normal operation of the equipment.
5. The independent smoke detector can only realize point-to-point detection and alarm in a single space. It does not have the function of multi-party linkage alarm and cross-space alarm. When a fire is detected, the alarm method is single, and it may not be notified in place at the first time. The alarm information informs the adjacent personnel to evacuate.
Smart fire protection solutions
NB-IoT (Narrow Band Internet of Things), which is a cellular-based narrowband Internet of Things, is built on a cellular network and consumes only about 180KHz of bandwidth. It can be directly deployed in GSM, UMTS or LTE networks to reduce deployment costs and achieve Smooth upgrade, NB-IoT has four major highlights: wide coverage, large connection, low power consumption and low cost.
1. Wide coverage, which will provide improved indoor coverage. Under the same frequency band, NB-IoT has a gain of 20dB over the existing network, which is equivalent to improving the coverage area by 100 times.
2. It has the ability to support massive connections. One NB-IoT sector can support 100,000 connections, supporting low latency sensitivity, ultra-low equipment cost, low equipment power consumption and optimized network architecture.
3. Lower power consumption, the standby time of the NB-IoT terminal module can be as long as 10 years. The traditional smoke detector only lasts for 3 years, and it cannot be detected after the power is out.
4. Lower module cost. With the increasing popularity of NB-IoT, the cost of node modules will also be lower and lower.
Chengdu Ebyte Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise focusing on Internet of Things communication. It has hundreds of independent research and development products and has been unanimously recognized by customers. The company has strong R&D technical strength and a complete after-sales system, providing customers with complete solutions and technical support, shortening the R&D cycle, reducing R&D costs, and providing a powerful platform for brand-new product R&D ideas.